« Takaisin edelliselle sivulle
The Cine-Boat films receive their world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival
Short films made in the Turku archipelago shown at Cannes
In June 2011, young filmmakers travelled to the Turku archipelago to explore the local culture and the significance of language. The films created from the Cine-Boat film workshop receive their world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on 24 May. The workshop was part of the Turku European Capital of Culture year programme
Last summer, 18 young filmmakers came to Turku and the Turku archipelago to concentrate their attention on the unique Finnish archipelago and Swedish-speaking Finns as part of the Cine-Boat workshop.
The members of the workshop were chosen in early 2011 based on their entries to the short film competition Polyglot: on the way to Turku. Helping the young filmmakers on their way round the archipelago was the award-winning Slovak documentary film director Peter Kerekes.
The cooperation resulted in six short films about the archipelago. The finished films receive their world premiere at the 51st Cannes International Critics’ Week (La Semaine Internationale de la Critique).
Cine-Boat was part of the Capital of Culture year productions Polyglot: on the way to Turku, which also included a short film competition and a mini film festival.
The initiative was realised in cooperation with NISI MASA, which is a young European filmmakers’ network. NISI MASA is well known for new ideas, ambitious projects and similar adventures to Cine-Boat, which encourage a new European generation to explore and share their experiences of the world.
NISI MASA will present its work for the sixth time at Cannes. All the Cine-Boat films are to be featured in the Short Film Corner at Cannes.
The Cine-Boat films
- Drifting Home - Nicolas Servide (Argentina/Denmark); Kirill Naumko (Ukraine); Judit Kájel (Hungary)
- Pikku-Kalle?/Little Johnny? - Alastair Cole (New Zealand/UK); Daniel Szöllosi (Hungary); Anna Dmitrieva (Bulgaria)
- Velvollisuus/Duty - Severine Beaudot (France); Linda Dombrovszky (Hungary); George Groshkov (Bulgaria)
- Utöpia - Silvio Ivicic (Croatia); Sam Batink (The Netherlands); Laure Anna Franquès (France)
- Destination North - Gautier Dulion (France); Albina Griniūtė (Lithuania); Melissa Suárez del Real (Mexico/Spain)
- Five Lives by Silence - Miki Ambrózy (Hungary/Greece); Nick Shaw (UK); Begüm Güleç (Turkey)
Sivua viimeksi päivitetty 23.5.2012 16:19 ja sivu on julkaistu 23.5.2012 16:14